Rules & Regulations
Article (1). Fixtures & Time Schedule.
See Appendix 1 at the end of the document.
Art (2). FIFA rules, regulations and standards will apply to the tournament format in conjunction with the rules and regulations listed below.
Art (3). FORMAT & REGISTRATION
Under 13’s (Born on or after January 1st 2005)
- 8 aside
- Pitch size max. 70m x 50m, min. 68m x 48m
- Substitutions can only be made when there is a break in play, and you have possession of the ball
- Unlimited substitutions can be made throughout the duration of the game
- All games, (excluding all Semi-Final and Final matches of Gold & Silver Cup), will be 2 x 20 minute halves (40 minute match with 5 minute half time).
- All Semi-Final matches in Gold & Silver Cup and the Final match in the Silver Cup will be 2 x 25 minute halves (with 5 minute half time)
- The Final match for the Gold Cup will be 2 x 30 minute halves (with 5 minute half time)
- Point system: 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and zero points for a loss
- Size 5 football to be used
- Offside rule from 12 meters offside line (12 meters from each goal line)
- Opposing players to be 6 meters from the ball in a dead ball situation
- Minimum registration of 10 players per team
- Kick-off will be decided by the toss of a coin
- There will be 20 teams divided into 5 groups of 4 teams per group
- All matches will be officiated by referees appointed by the UAE Football Association
- If two teams are wearing the same or similar colored kit, the team defined “Away Team” will be required to change kits or to wear the designated colored game bibs.
Art (4). Player Verification & Game Sheets
- All players registered to play in the tournament must have a passport identification or other government official identification submitted to tournament organizers (TO) one week before the start of the tournament, February 22, 2018 and have a copy in possession of the coaching staff throughout the duration of the tournament.
- The coaching staff must provide the designated personal executing player verification with a registration list of all players and coaches participating in the tournament.
- All players must wear the jersey with the jersey number registered on the registration sheet.
- Players are not allowed to change kits/numbers throughout the tournament.
Art (5). Group Stages
- Each group will have 4 teams where each team will play everybody in their group one time.
- Group stage matches will not go into overtime play, a tie resulting in a tie.
- When all matches of the groups are completed, teams will be ranked from 1 to 4 according to the points obtained by each team.
- If two or more teams are tied in points upon the completion of group stages, the following criteria will be applied, in order given, to determine the final rankings:
- The teams in questioned will be ranked based on the result of direct confrontation (head-to-head play) and ranked accordingly
- The team with the highest goal differential
- The team with the most goals scored
- Fair play rule:
- Team with the least amount of red cards
- Team with the least amount of yellow cards
- If equalization still exists, then the team with the lowest average age of the total registered players listed on the registration form will be the winner (i.e. the youngest team will take the game).
Art (6). Knock-Out Stage
- The top three teams in each group along with the best 4th place team, will then play a Round of 16 (knock-out) match following the group stages. The winners of the Round of 16 match will advance to the Gold Cup and the losers will advance into the Silver Cup.
- The Round of 16 fixtures will be determined by the rankings of the group stages after completion see Appendix 1 for reference.
- See Appendix 1 for clarity on development of KO stages (following group stage)
- The four 4th place teams (minus the best 4th place team) will then advance to the Bronze Cup, Semi-Finals & Finals, see Appendix 1 for clarity.
- A tie in the knock-out stages after full time will result by going straight to a penalty shootout with each team receiving 5 shots (designated to 5 players who were on the field at the final whistle) to decide the game.
- If the two teams are tied after 5 penalty shots each, the remaining 3 players who were on the field at the final whistle will continue shooting sudden death penalties before the substitutes then begin alternating shooters until every player registered for the match has taken a shot. This process will continue until there is a winner.
Administrative & Disciplinary Procedures
Art (7). Yellow and red cards will be given out as per the match official sees fit.
- If a player receives two yellow cards in a single match, that player will be ejected from the match and will not be allowed to play in the following match.
- If a player receives a direct red card, that player will be ejected from the current match and will not be allowed to play in the following match.
- Any team officials behaving inappropriately or found to have unsporting spirit shall be penalized by all or some of the following penalties:
- Discharge from playground
- Players are not allowed to make any unacceptable gestures or practices that come in contravention to the customs and traditions before, during and after the match or after scoring a goal. A player, who takes off his jersey, in a gesture of rejoice after scoring, must be shown a yellow card for unsporting behavior.
- If the match is discontinued for any reason, any yellow or red cards shown to any player during the played time shall continue to be valid and in effect.
Art (8). A team will suffer a 3 – 0 loss in the following situations:
- If a team fails to show up to their scheduled match,
- If a team attempts to play an illegal, suspended or unregistered player,
- If a team attempts to play a certain player under a different jersey and number to escape disciplinary penalizations,
- If a team has less than 6 players able and legal to play before the start of a game due to injuries and or card penalizations,
- If a team drops to less than 6 players during a match due to injuries and or card penalizations, unless the goal difference in the match is greater than 3-0, in which the score will remain as it is.